Saturday, 7 March 2015

so into cooking (a beginner's post)

I don't know how to say this but I'm really into the auntie hobbies, e.g., going to supermarkets, cooking, finding the cheaper deals, saving water (but because I'm environmentally friendly :)) <-- not a double chin.

Since I've been living alone, I've gotten A LOT more opportunities to make my own food.
So far, 99% edible and maybe 20% delicious.
So I've decided I'm going to improve my cooking!!

 In the first month, the first photo was actually all the food from the supermarket but I just want to show you who I was watching while having my ossan dinner (Japanese middle-aged man style:  beer and some dishes to go along with the alcohol. of course not forgetting the tv). Then, I made some pasta and mashed potatoes because I didn't have rice yet.
Here is when I received my first visitor and we had nabe (hotpot) for dinner and toast + eggs + oranges for breakfast. I also made curry and that hideous looking thing that seems like whine's food actually tasted good.



Finally after weeks of living like a refugee, I moved into the room I'm in now and got my cooking apparatus and R-I-C-E. The first row was actually what I've prepared along with my junior who's also here and that was our new year course meal.
The second row was just oden (like yong tau foo), a bowl stuffed with rice, fried eggs and some meat & vege. That last one? You must be kidding me if you didn't get it.
By the way, it was Ando Momofuku san's 105th birth anniversary yesterday so let's take a moment to thank him for his instant noodles invention. By the way, he's Taiwanese.
 Getting more adventurous, sesame with spinach, granola + strawberry for a healthy choice, curry rice decorated like cafe style, fried rice, salad using kinako powder + honey + yoghurt, and a random chinese style dish with rice.
 With New Year and Chinese New Year, there's gotta be some special food. Takoyaki with my first takoyaki machine and chinese dumplings (yes, handmade) and Singaporean style yusheng (a dish of raw fish and sliced vege).
Here are my more luxurious dishes, usually with a fish for the meal, I cannot possibly stuff everything into a bowl so I had to lay them out.
And the last row, well, it was Valentine's Day last month so I tried out some handmade chocolates because they were selling the ingredients EVERYWHERE. It's so readily available I couldn't not buy anything.

I AM SO HUNGRY NOW and gawd, I miss Chinese food a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment