Thursday, 5 March 2015

Helio~ New Year Resolutions?

It was Chinese (Lunar) New Year 2 weeks back. Welcome to the Year of Goat, everyone!
I didn't have holiday so I didn't get to go back to Singapore for the celebration. Hope everyone's doing good back there.

To make up for it, some of us have met up and lao-ed yusheng. I miss this yummy shit.
The first one I went for started out as a courage test because we didn't have plum sauce. I was given the task to get it from Chinatown but I couldn't find it. To digress a little, I spoke with a Canto granny who was raised and born here but still speaks pretty good mandarin! Anywho, we used honey, soy sauce, some odd plum sauce (the only plum sauce we could find), and sweet thai chilli (what?!)...
Turns out, the dish was pretty yummy! I think the cinnamon powder, pepper and the Chinese 5-spice powder did the magic.



Settling into my new job and well, it's not all smooth sailing but it's okay.
Sometimes I get real frustrated, not sure if it's due to work or my biological mood swings.
Then every now and then, I always try to remind myself that as much as it does seem like an easy job, I am probably here for a reason and there are going to be things to be learnt. Even if they are the simplest lessons in life.

Be patient, be calm and be kind.

I've figured how as a 'superior', someone obedient does make your life easier. Also, people who (even if they pretends to) like you do make you feel happier about yourself or the stuff that you're doing for/with them. 

People aren't perfect and I cannot expect them to be. Some aren't smart and some of those think the world of themselves. Some can't accept failure or mistakes. Some... are just the reflections of parts of me.

Gawd, I can be so irritating!

Good health everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment