Anyway, in Singapore, a typical visit to the clinic would be, first, fall sick.
Or first, pretend to be sick.
Well, go in, register, get a queue number, see the doctor and get on with your problems real fast or give him a grandmother's story. Sometimes, he's the one telling the story. Finally, get back outside and wait for the missy to call your name where you get your medicine and pay.
My first visit to the clinic/mini hospital was pretty different!
Of course, you wait to go in as usual.
I was number 2 that day and the first patient was a mum with 2 kids.
They went in and came out. Of which, I would be expecting my turn next.
Then the nurse came out of the doctor's office and blabbered something, asking for her to go in again which she happily and quickly agreed to.
I thought one of them must have a serious problem. I mean, to see the doctor twice?!
Did they take a test or something?
Finally, it's my turn.
We went through my medical history and symptoms and he did the basic checks and he let me out.
So I sat down, waiting to pay and get out when the nurse asked me to go in again.
Hur? Why?
Apparently, you go in the second time to have the doctor tell you how to take your medicine.
How meticulous!
Anyway, he repeated about 2-3 times to make sure I take the correct amount of dosage, maybe because I'm gaijin (a foreigner) :P
I don't know if all clinics/hospitals do that but I was pretty impressed, both by how they took care of everything little thing and long I spent an hour in there when there were only 3 patients.
No comments:
Post a Comment