After lots of procrastination, I'm starting to study Japanese again.
I signed up with a voluntary group and I'll be meeting my teacher in a week's time :)
I also went to the store and found this really comprehensive book for self-studying.
Feeling good now.
I feel like I can really do it.
How did I get all this motivation?
Well, a kid of mine just passed her entrance exam into her dream high school.
We've been working on it for months and we're really happy!
Anyway, like I said, the last time she made me real depressed so I've decided I should really start doing things instead of just staying lazy and taking the easier way out.
So you see, here I am learning the kids' language while they are learning mine.
I must say, apart from being more wise given the age advantage, some really crack me up!
Example, "cat" and "rat".
If you can read "cat", I'll give you a hint that "r" sounds like "rrrrrrr" and you should try and read "rat" which is why I said "cat (points to both words) and rrrrrr (points to r)".
You would expect the kid to say "rrrr... rat!"
No, the kid repeated after me,"cat and rrrrr".
Why, you have a talent at being a parrot.
Some are so not concentrating, when I ask "what is this?" and they answer "purple!".
I shake my head and they go, "2?"
Good try, hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment