I've been meaning to write but I've been so lazy.
Aimless and lazy.
To resign (from my previous company), we have to serve 2 months' notice.
I didn't particularly dread the duration, actually it didn't feel so long to me.
I was busy most of the time and... a part of me didn't want to leave.
It was a dilemma but I've made my choice. Move on.
So before my break started, I had all these great ideas.
Oh, I should take a course. Start jogging again, go swimming sometimes. Enjoy some time under the sun.
Then I want to study some languages and read my books.
Maybe cook every other day and bake?
Monday came and I had plans to head out, ran some errands and met some friends.
Dinner got postponed and so did my errand-plans, voluntarily :)
Finally, I stepped out of the house on Tuesday.
In between my appointments, I went into a coffee house and bought myself a cup of Starbucks Ice Chocolate.
You might say it's commercialised shit but damn, their ice chocolate is so good I love it to bits. (Literally, they serve it to you with chocolate bits.)
Then I picked a seat by the window.
Yes, let's pretend like I'm a taitai or those people too cool for you.
It's 2pm in the afternoon, I'm not working and I don't have to.
Just people-watch, sip my drink, and have my sunglasses visible.
At the beginning, I kept texting.
Then when there was nobody else to talk to, I started looking at what other people did.
Then my finger swiped through Facebook over and over again.
I had this obsessive thought to keep my mind busy.
BUT WHY?
It's odd... I have all the time in the world but all I could thought about is stressing myself out with the persistent thought of "I have to be doing something". It feels as if if I'm not, I'm wasting time.
Finally, I put my phone down and I looked onto the streets.
At the beginning, I was still people-watching.
To be exact, I was searching for targets to watch.
and that clearly was an intrusion to my plan.
I had to clear my mind, detox.
(You must understand this is a difficult task for me, as part of the female species, we are capable of relating everything.)
Finally, I spaced out.
I don't know how long I lasted but I kind of enjoyed it.
It has been a long time since I've felt this way.
I felt at peace :)
and the camera recognises Mdm Starbucks.

No comments:
Post a Comment