Tuesday, 22 July 2014

MY QUARTER CRISIS!!! What to do with my life?

Lately I've been... thinking a lot about my life.
I have an office job for about 3 years now.
Everyday, I'm just watching numbers then turning numbers into words.
Part of my day also includes resenting the a**-kissers around me.
Then one day, along with all that disgust that engulfs me (living things/events), I started wondering if this is what my life is all about.

"Congratulations! You've entered my Quarter Crisis *ding ding ding*"
If only, this was a TV show.
I happen to be 25 so I guess I fulfill the criteria mathematically haha.
(assuming we take life span to be 100 as default)

I am not exactly religious (though I do believe in but not necessarily practise karma) so I'm not choosing which is the right answer to the meaning of life. It is a very difficult question. Nobody knows the right answer too so despite having blabbered on for 3 paragraphs, I'm still pretty lost.

I guess when my parents were growing up, they didn't have the idea of following their dreams.
Life was more about making a living and creating a stable and comfortable lifestyle.
It was more about, providing for the family, starting another one and managing that.

Come this generation, more people are people started talking about work-life balance, dreams, your calling, living the life, adventures, doing what you like... money? well, you can always earn them back later.

But, we were brought up by our parents. The batch who didn't take risks or weren't selfish to think their lives only belonged to themselves.

I don't know which is right.
Maybe I can review when I'm in my 70s.
Hopefully, by then, I would have retired.

And here's my recent obsession, One Republic's Counting Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment