One was proposed to recently.
So lunch was about her filling us in.
The couple to wed is absolutely made in Singapore.
The other two are a couple.
Born and bred here but met elsewhere.
They enjoy declaring that they are not related in any way.
Actually, they are getting married.
Somehow they are related and they enjoy laughing at each other.
Lunch was nice.
Actually, I didn't think I was going to write about them today.
I didn't even think I was going to write today.
After work, I met this lady from China.
I thought she would have been the usual.
You know, we have stereotypes, especially after meeting some pretentious ones at her workplace.
We talked about several things, e.g. she has been here for 8 years already.
I happened to go into the reason for her coming here.
She said she was marrying over.
Stereotype would place her marrying a fat, old, rich guy who went to a matchmaking agency that picks girls from poor, backward villages.
Somehow that didn't cross my mind.
By then, I was already slowly putting my guard down.
She seems nice.
Anyway, they met through the internet, he was a teacher and she was the student.
Stereotype logic would have made her learn English.
No, it was some online marketing strategy class he was offering.
Whatever, they ended together and she sounded really happy when she reminisced and also told me about her daughter.
Anyway, I didn't think I would be writing about her either.
I just thought that was a pretty nice story--cross-cultural though not long distance.
On my way home, 3 secondary school kids were in the way.
One said bye and walked away.
The other two continued in the direction ahead of me.
The boy stretched out his hand, gestured.
The girl reached out hers and their hands clasped.
The usual me would have thought,"ahh, young couple. Kids wasting their time and definitely breaking up before they reach adulthood."
Maybe I was tired, today stereotypes didn't really hit me.
I slowed down to walk behind them and I observed.
Yes, I made myself sound so nice. I could also have been a pervertic stalker.
I was only 2 blocks away and they walked reeeeeeeaaaaaaaally slowly.
The usual me would have really thought that these kids were being inconsiderate but somehow, I didn't want to disturb.
And a usual young couple these days would often have their hands all over each other.
But this pair just held hands.
Then, they started talking.
And a usual young couple these days would often have their hands all over each other.
But this pair just held hands.
Then, they started talking.
It seemed like the girl was confiding in the boy and he, too, responded.
Then I realized, the boy is Malay while the girl is Chinese.
Ooooooooooh~~~
Next, he held up his hand.
Ooooooooooh~~~
Next, he held up his hand.
The hand that was holding hers and gave a light peck on her hand.
Awwwwwwww~~~ Even if they can't end up together, maybe they have something beautiful.
Suddenly, I thought I'd want to write about them.
And as I sat here thinking about how to begin, I was reminded of all the love I had seen today :)
lol hi u nv write bout our awesome naan lunch!!!
ReplyDelete